Signs You are on a Bad Date
Dating is fun, right? Not always.
Dating can be fun. Meeting and getting to know new people is almost always a guaranteed good time, right? Well, not really. Sometimes it just takes that one date- whether it is the first or the fourth, to really ruin things. I know all about dates gone wrong, and I've devised a list of my own personal signs on how to tell if you are on a bad date.
- He/ She keeps checking their phone. What could be more interesting than you at that moment in time? Dates can be nerve-wracking and uncomfortable at first, but if your date can't focus their attention on you, at the very least, for an hour or two, look for someone who can.
- He/ She is constantly talking about their ex. If your date can't complete a sentence or thought without mentioning his/her ex, it's not going to end well. Move on to someone who will devote their attention to your potential future together and not stay stuck in the past.
- He/ She asks to split the check. This may not seem like a big deal if it's a third or fourth date, but if it's a first date, it's not a good sign. You may have not had the best date ever, but it is just courteous for the person who asked you out to pickup the tab.
- Other people notice your bad time, and come up to you to comment on it. This has actually happened to me. I was on a date once, and the guy had gotten up to go to the restroom. The waitress had noticed that I was not having a good time and came by to apologize! She said she was sorry that I was having a bad time, and actually brought me a bigger beer (at no extra charge) to help me get through the rest of the date. Her words exactly, “You’re gonna need it!” Sad, but true.
- He/ She gets super drunk. Having drinks on a date isn't a bad thing- it helps take the edge off a little bit, but I do not suggest getting sloppy drunk. If your date decides that sloppy drunk is the way to go, that's like telling you that the alcohol is more interesting, and he/she is having a lot more fun getting acquainted with IT instead of you.
Consider yourself lucky if only one of these things happens or has happened while on a date. I knew I was on a REALLY bad date when he did ALL the things I just listed, and all in ONE date. Well, at least I got one good thing out of it, and that was this article!